>> Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Inquired with Rajah Travel on how to apply for a Japanese visa for Philippine passport holders.
And the requirements are:
* Birth certificate
1. Required for 1st time applicants only
2. Note that the birth certificate must be from NSO and should be issued within one (1) year of the visa application date
* Original passport
* Application form; download here
* 2 pcs 2x2 picture; see photo requirements
* Daily schedule in Japan; see sample itinerary
* Original bank certificate or Bank book copy
* Income Tax Return / BIR Form 2316
* Employment certificate / Copy of business registration
As of this writing, visa processing fee is P1,500.
From what I know, applying for a visa is actually free, you are only paying for the processing fee of the accredited travel agency. See list of accredited agencies
A non-accredited agency gave me the tip that among the accredited agencies, Rajah Travel charges the lowest fee. Visa processing takes 7 working days.
[UPDATE] Contrary to what I hear about how difficult it is to get a Japanese visa, my visa came out 2 days after I submitted my requirements to Rajah Travel =)
Rajah Travel (632) 523-9449
Business hours M-F 8:30am - 5:30pm / Sat 8:30am - 12:30pm