Step-By-Step Plan on How to Start Saving

>> Friday, February 01, 2013

Someone emailed me asking for help on how to Start Saving.
Posting my reply here for those who might be interested with the Step-By-Step Plan I created for her.

Step 1: Setup your SAVINGS or Security Fund (also called the Emergency Fund)

First thing that we have to do is to create your Security Fund.
Ang Purpose nito ay dito ka kukuha ng funds in case of unexpected events, like illness, na-Ondoy, etc.

Common ksi sa atin ang Umutang kapag biglang may pangangailangan.
But if you have a Security Fund, hindi mo kelangan umutang.
NO-NO sa aming mga Financial Advisors ang Utang =)

I suggest na mag-open ka ng Bank Account na SEPARATE from your Payroll account.
Puedeng BPI or BDO para nasa ground floor lang ng ELJCC Bldg (Note: this is the ABS-CBN Bldg where I'm working). Para madali din for you na mag-deposit.
Dito sa New Bank Account mo i-dedeposit ang Security Fund mo.

IMPORTANT: itong New Bank Account na ang magiging SAVINGS mo. And mag-wi-withdraw ka lang from this Bank Account IF MAY EMERGENCY.



Step 2: Develop the Habit of Saving - Regularly set aside money and deposit it to your Security Fund

Every payday, bago ka gumastos, get 10% of your salary and Deposit it to your Security Fund.
So, if you receive P4,000 per payday,  you will deposit P400 to your Security Fund.
Do this every payday ha. If you do this for 1 year, may Savings ka na P9,600!

If you can set aside more, you can take 20% of your salary and put it in your Security Fund.
So magiging, P800 per payday.

If 10% is too high naman, you can start with 5%.  So if you receive P4,000 per payday, you will deposit P200 to your Security Fund.

Simple lang di ba?  =)

Let's start with Step 1 and 2 muna.

If you have questions on anything (opening a bank account, etc) , email mo lang ako or text or call =)

Before  I forget, I want to congratulate you for deciding to take the FIRST STEP to Financial Independence.

You can also share this with your friends para may buddy system. So that you can encourage one another to Prepare for your Future.

Grace Cunanan
Sun Life Financial Advisor
0917-423-8521
grace.c.cunanan[at]sunlife.com.ph



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This blog is my attempt to document the bits and pieces of my life. It also serves as a reference for things I need to remember every now and then, like activating UnliText, among other things.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP